Recognizing the pressures on small business, National Grid is partnering with the South Shore Economic Development Corporation to offer $1,000 grants to 100 small businesses on the South Shore. The Economic Development Corporation, a subsidiary of the South Shore Chamber of Commerce, is opening the application process to members of any Chamber of Commerce in communities serviced by National Grid. Businesses meeting the eligibility criteria will be able to apply on Monday, June 26 at Noon through the South Shore Chamber website and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Any small business (50 or fewer full-time employees) that is an electric or gas customer of National Grid.
- Customers with both gas and electric service can only apply for ONE ($1,000) grant. Duplicate applications will not be accepted.
- Must be a South Shore Chamber member or any local Chamber of Commerce
- Provide business name, primary business address, and mailing address of business owner.
- Provide a copy of the business' most recent National Grid gas or electric bill, blanking out the account number and amount due.
- Check the disclaimer box verifying that the applicant is not seeking funds through another organization working in partnership with National Grid to administer this grant. Example: applicants for multiple grants from multiple Chambers will not be allowed.
- Submit completed application to the SSEDC through the South Shore Chamber's website. (Applicants do not have to be a member of the South Shore Chamber, just a member of a chamber.)
NATIONAL GRID BUSINESS COVERAGE AREAS