Guidelines & Tips
A Ribbon Cutting marks a very significant moment in a business’ history. Whether celebrating the opening of a new business, relocation, or a milestone anniversary, the South Shore Chamber is excited about your business success. As a value-added benefit of membership, we are proud to offer assistance in this momentous occasion as a complimentary service to you, our member.
Businesses typically celebrate with a ribbon cutting ceremony, if the company has:
- Opened its doors in the last 3 months
- Celebrated a milestone anniversary
- Been remodeled or expanded at its present location
- Moved to a new location due to expansion
- Groundbreaking ceremony
What are the benefits of a Chamber Ribbon Cutting?
- Introduce both the public and Chamber members to your new business
- Contribute to building a customer base
- Familiarize the public and Chamber members with your product and services
This is your event and the Chamber will gladly assist with the following:
- Coordinate a date based the Chamber’s allocated days for Ribbon Cutting events
- Review the Chamber’s calendar at southshorechamber.org for availability
- Ribbon cutting event details added to the Chamber Events Calendar
- Promotion to the SSCC membership including the Board of Directors via the weekly events email
- Provide list of Chamber Members who provide catering; party supplies; photographers; publicity; and other event solutions
- Official Chamber Ribbon Cutting Scissors & Ribbon
- Picture and mention in social media (May take up to two months to be included)
- Chamber Staff and/or Chamber Ambassador will attend
Because the Ribbon Cutting is your celebration, there are no set rules by the Chamber. We offer the following considerations as you plan:
- Create a social “business after hours” event where guests can leave work to attend before they head home. Offer light food and refreshments.
- Upon confirmation of date & time from the Chamber, begin to advertise and promote! Contact the following and don’t forget to ask for RSVPs:
- Local media outlets – print, TV, radio
- Local officials
- Business associates
- Business neighbors
- Current customers
- Prospective customers
Note: The Chamber will have a separate event registration to provide a member count closer to Ribbon Cutting date
- Plan a short speech to welcome your guests and to tell them about your company, products, and services. This should be able to provide guests with a succinct understanding to what you offer so they can refer your business after the event
- For photography, consider hiring a professional photographer, so you and your staff can be greeting and chatting with your guests
Other Successful Tips:
- Print special invitations and mail them to your complied guest list
- Offer door prize or swag bag – mention in your invite!
- Save time and create a shot list of the images you would like to use AFTER the event
- Who should be in the actual ribbon cutting photo(s)?
- Place print collateral and business cards around the establishment for all to take
Ribbon Cutting Inquiry
Meet the criteria for a ribbon cutting?