Women's Business Connection
Connect and engage women to create innovative opportunities for professional and business growth. View committee members
Participation in the WBC is open to all and comes by serving on:
WBC Leadership Team: Team membes are women business owners or executives who are nominated from within the general Chamber membership and approved by the current WBC Leadership Team.
- The Leadership Team
- One of the volunteer sub-committees
- Or by enjoying the programming hosted by the WBC
WBC Volunteer Sub-Committees: For each of the programs hosted by the WBC, there is a team of volunteers who bring the program to fruition. Any Chamber member is welcomed to serve on a volunteer team.
For more information, contact current Chairperson, Susan Daileader.
- Leadership In Action (LIA): Support leadership development by focusing on our future generation of leaders. Leadership in Action introduces high school students to career and leadership opportunities through shared experiences of WBC members and other women business leaders.
- WBC Outreach: Coordinate small group, women-only networking events several times a year. Market and promote the South Shore Chamber and WBC for membership growth and engagement purposes
- Winterfest Committee: Work closely with Chamber staff to coordinate all aspects of this signature event, including, but not limited to sponsorships, exhibitors, attractions, outreach, promotion, etc.
ATHENAPowerLink® (APL) is a mentoring program designed to increase the growth and profitability of women-owned businesses (WBOs). It provides a unique opportunity for a WBO to be matched with an advisory panel for a 1 year period. This panel of expert volunteers will work with her to meet challenges and seize opportunities critical to her business success. This group may include financial and business advisors, marketing professionals, lawyers, human resource specialists, accountants, and other experts matched to the WBO’s unique needs and goals.
Since 1999, the national ATHENAPowerLink® Program (http://www.athenainternational.org) has been helping women-owned businesses expand profitably through the use of professional advisory panels. Our Athena program was launched through the efforts of the Women's Business Connection and South Shore Chamber of Commerce over 10 years ago. The Chamber is the only organization in the entire Northeast to offer this internationally recognized program.ATHENA Application News Article: ATHENA Graduate Val King Of King Jewelers
More information about Athena can be found here.
Human Resources Group
Encourage education, participation, mentoring and networking for those charged with responsibility for human resources within any size company. The HRG offers programming and services to met the needs of both senior level human resource practitioner and entry level practitioner who may have other responsibilities in their company. View committee members.
South Shore Health & Wellness
Share best practice and resources with one another. Educate each other and membership about industry mandates, regulation, issues, challenges through expertise, experience, knowledge. View committee members.
South Shore Chambers of Commerce Leaders Group
Connecting heads of local chambers to discuss local issues, challenges and how they affect the region.
Not for Profit Group
Connecting heads of South Shore based not for profits to raise awareness of organizational contributions to the economic, workforce and community development in our region.