Using the Chamber
We offer our members compelling directly and indirect benefits. Our members join and engage with us for different reasons. Our mission is broad and our offerings are robust. The best way to understand the many benefits of our Chamber is to attend one of our Navigating the Chamber orientation programs.
Indirect Benefits of our Chamber
For many of our members, our Chamber is a highly credible organization that has earned the respect and TRUST of many. Our members tell us they take great pride in knowing that the Chamber is there working for them, even when they cannot. We advocate for business friendly agenda and climate for the businesses in our region. We work closely with and to connect local government, academic, political and business leaders. We understand their needs and concerns and educate them on neighboring South Shore towns’, as well as regional successes, challenges and experiences. And, our relationships with state and federal government help us to understand and to champion areas of concern for our members and businesses across the South Shore. One example of this collaboration is our Regional Development Plan. This Plan considers economic, workforce and community development and will serve as a blueprint for business leaders for the next 10 years, as together we strive to make the South Shore the BEST place to live, work and play.
Direct Benefits of our Chamber
Many members cite our ability to connect business leaders, our educational offerings, events and programs, marketing and sponsorship opportunities and member to member benefits as compelling tangible benefits of membership.
- The Chamber offers a number of ways to connect with high quality business leaders across the South Shore. These connections may serve as centers of influence for you and may ultimately lead to prospects and ultimately clients for your business.
- One of the best ways to connect and engage is by attending your choice of over 90 informational and educational events and programs each year. These events and programs serve distinct subsets of our membership (and guests), with attendance ranging from 15 to 500, and are topically and geographically diverse and take place at varied times of the day/days of the week.
- The Chamber also offers many ways to promote yourself, your business and your brand. Whether program or event sponsorship, website enhancements: directory enhancements, priority placement, and banners, partnership, and other opportunities; thought leadership promotional opportunities through our online or onsite education program.
- The Chamber is comprised of over 30 committees, groups, teams, task forces, affiliate Chambers, business councils, subsidiary corporations and foundations. Through these groups, our existing members come together to work toward a singular mission, while building personal and professional relationships that last.
- We are working hard to communicate areas of focus and success to our membership and key constituents through direct mail, eMail blasts, our online newsletter: Snapshot, our social media channels, radio, print media, etc. If you would like to be added to our email communications list and/or to refine topic areas that interest you most, click here.
- We also offer working, meeting and collaboration space through our member lounge, offices and conference rooms, complete with modular tables to accommodate any format. There is a nominal fee for the use of our space.
- We provide certificates of Origin free of charge for our exporting members. There is a small fee for non-members.